This is an interactive workshop that teaches coaches how to use the art and science of stretching to a performance enhancing discipline. For many athletes, stretching is a regimen geared to avoiding injury related to cold muscles during vigorous exercise. But elite athletes understand that proficiency in stretching enhances performance of most sports through enhanced flexibility, stronger joints and elongated musculature. Mike MacDonald is a world-renowned martial artist, fitness coach and advisor. His students and trained athletes under his coaching attest to his emphasis on stretching to improve and enhance his athletes’ performance. As a result, athletes from other sports have come to him to improve flexibility, attain faster recovery and strength.
Six weekly one-hour sessions
- Help coaches understand the importance of stretching to all physical activities.
- Understanding the links between stretching an strength.
- Understand the essentials of beginning and advanced stretching regimens.
Is this a theoretical or a practical course?
The first class will involve and exhaustive review of the functions, purposes and essential requirements of stretching. Each subsequent lesson will focus on the stretches for major joints and muscle groups and why they’re important.
What coaches will benefit from this course?
- Coaches who work with active, competitive athletes will be able to provide their clients with advanced guidance in the importance and practice of advanced stretching regimens.
- Coaches who work with weekend warriors will be able to improve their clients’ performance and ensure they can train and compete more effectively without injury.
- Coaches who work with older clients who want to retain their activity levels and lifestyles.
- Coaches who work with younger clients who want to learn good habits for life.
Don’t all athletes stretch?
It’s almost impossible to be a competitive athlete without engaging in a stretching regimen before training, practice and competition. But for many, if not most, stretching is something you have to do, not something that you use strategically to improve your performance in competition.
STRETCHING FOR ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
Dates: Q3 2020
Time: 10-11 MST
CEU Credit: 3
Session One: The essentials of stretching. Where; which muscles, muscle groups, joints, tendons; when; before exercise, competition, before travel, before bed; how long – how much time to truly get muscles stretched and ready for sports and hard exercise.
Session Two: Stretching for martial arts and how it can guide athletes in other sports.
Session Three: Stretching as a strength builder.
WHAT OTHER COSTS CAN BE EXPECTED?
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE?
Enthusiasm, open mind, notebook and pencil! The class will be using Ring Central so a high speed (10MB Down) internet connection with a computer is recommended so you will be able to see visuals as well as hear the instructor. Students may also call in but you will not be able to see any visuals.
HOW DO I FOLLOW UP?
Once your sign up for the course you will receive an email with how to log on for the course.
100% 60 days out
50% 30 days out
0% inside 7 days