We live in a place where close connections disappear in moments. When we lose people in a mountain town, it can change the core of a person’s perspective, priorities and activities that once brought joy. This year-round coaching group will meet biweekly to explore complex questions of post-traumatic growth, identity and responsibility for the future in an ever-changing existence. Meetings will be discussion based, incorporating art, mindfulness and writing exercises in session with reflective opportunities or activities out of session.
Outdoor-based self-development components will take place quarterly every season, with ceremonies to recognize adversities and identify positive psychological shifts that have grown out of loss.
- Coach members through the grief of losing a loved one.
- Facilitate recovery from post loss trauma and provide positive activities, to help direct the subject to individual growth.
- Coach grievers through the processes of grief, resolve and redemption.
- Meetings will be discussion based, incorporating art, mindfulness and writing exercises in session with reflective opportunities or activities out of session.
- Outdoor-based self-development components will take place quarterly every season, with ceremonies to recognize adversities and identify positive psychological shifts that have grown out of loss.
- Group meets every Tuesday, bi-weekly beginning October 1.
- Session Sign ups are available in seasonal quarters.
Seven bi-weekly 80 minute sessions starting October 1
Conversations about Loss in the Mountains
Instructor: Elizabeth Koutrelakos, LCSW
Fall Quarter 2019: October 1, 15, 29 and November 5. Changing of Seasons Event November 19 (8:00 – 10:00am).
Time: 8:00 – 9:30 am MST, Event only 8:00 – 10:00am
Cost: $315.00 for 7 meetings.
What is the difference between this group and grief therapy? This group will focus on self reflection, identification and transformation, where as a therapeutic groups may spend more time on focused on the processing and the “why” of loss. This group will primarily focus on navigating how to move forward to create the best life possible in this moment.
Who can benefit from this group? This group is recommended for anyone who has experienced loss and wishes to redefine their story and engage in post traumatic growth.
What other costs can be expected? None
What do I need to participate? Enthusiasm, open mind, notebook and pencil!
How do I follow up? Once your sign up for the course you will receive an email confirmation with meeting location, items to bring, and other information concerning the group.
- 100% 60 days out
- 50% 30 days out
- 0% inside 7 days